Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (The Kane Chronicles #1)

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)
I'm a huge fan of Riordan's Percy Jackson series, but for some reason it took me over six months to finally pick The Red Pyramid up to read. Frankly, I didn't enjoy Carter and Sadie as much as Percy and gang, and I really can't say why. I could see similarities in the writing style and even in the way the plot developed, but just didn't have the same excitement and energy.

I know, I know, it sounds like it's a terrible book, but that's not so. It's still a very readable adventure-fantasy, once the story gets going. I just didn't love it, nor did I love the Egyptian mythology that's the basis for the Kane Chronicles. It's possible that I set my expectations up too high and the next book in the series will be the one to snatch me. We shall see. All in all, not a bad one, just not the one for me. I give it a 'B-' rating.

1 comment:

  1. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan was an extraordinary book. This book was so amazing that it would make me speechless. Also, by other people writing reviews regarding the book being mind-blowing, off the charts, terrific also shows the book has some value. I love this book from the beginning till the end, it kept making me read until the book was finished. The book had the perfect exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and lastly the resolution.

    ReplyDelete