Sunday, April 3, 2011

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland About two years ago, I set out to read or reread many of those books considered classics. As part of that goal, I selected Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Before now, I'd only read selections from the book, but never the entire story.


 I found the story charming, especially the poems/songs. Yes, it's silly and nonsensical, but that's part of the fun. I can just imagine someone creating a story such as this to entertain some children, adding in something sillier just to get a stronger reaction from your audience. (Think of the movie, "Bedtime Stories.")

Don't read this expecting to find something exactly like the Tim Burton film or the Disney animated film. Instead read it if only to know the inspiration of both films. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to those that want to read something that's silly and fun. It's a 'B' book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment