Friday, December 16, 2011

Ghosts in the Fog by Samantha Seiple

Ghosts in the Fog: The Untold Story of Alaska's WWII InvasionI honestly didn't know anything about the Japanese invading the Aleutian Islands during World War II, so I was intrigued by the subject matter. I found the retelling of personal recollections of events made the story flow well, almost like fiction. What I didn't like was how the author jumped from event to event and I had to double check dates to see how it compared to other events. It seemed rather choppy.

Ghosts in the Fog should be given to those that read everything about World War II they can find. I'm not sure how much the casual reader will stick with it, though. This is an interesting story, and one I didn't know about, but the presentation was only average. C rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment