Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)I usually don't read books in a series back-to-back or even close together, because I like to space out books by the same author. I want to make sure that the similar writing style or the familiar characters don't diminish my enjoyment of the book or bore me. But, I made an exception in the case of The Last Olympian. I started it less than a week after finishing The Battle of the Labyrinth. I just couldn't wait to find out how Percy's story concludes.

I wasn't disappointed either. This is another action-packed story that equals what I've come to expect from Riordan. The climactic battle between Kronos and the Olympian gods finally comes to fruition, and I was pleased with the attention paid it, given its importance to the story. Many characters introduced in earlier books make an appearance, so I would recommend the books be read in order. I think fans of the earlier Percy Jackson books will be pleased with the conclusion of the series.

I loved The Last Olympian and I'm sad to see the series end. I give it an A!!

2 comments:

  1. this book completely BLEW ME AWAY!!! It has everything: romance, action, suspense. I love how Percy and Annabeth fall in love at the end. You can really tell that the characters have matured a lot and it makes me want to start at the beginning all over again. So basically I LOVED the book and I think it was the best book in the series BY FAR!!! I am really going to miss this series a lot!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this series just got better with each installment. I also loved THE LOST HERO and hope to read THE SON OF NEPTUNE soon. Be sure and read this series, if you haven't started it.

    ReplyDelete