Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Declaration of American Independence by Valerie Bodden

The Declaration of American Independence (Days of Change)
I always love looking at books published by Creative Education. This publisher consistently produces a book, filled with gorgeous illustrations and photographs. I know, when I pick one up, it's going to be visually stunning. The Declaration of American Independence  is no different. Beautifully designed, I loved looking at each page's illustrations.

That said, the information in the book is presented at the appropriate interest level. What could have been dry facts is more of a retelling of events. The reader gets caught up in the story instead of just seeing boring history class stuff. I see this book as an ideal introduction to the topic, rather than one used for in-depth study.

My grade for this one is a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment