Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #2)

Ninth Grade Slays (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #2)
Knowing this series has been extremely popular among my students, I read the first one in the series, Eighth Grade Bites. Honestly, it was just an okay read for me, but I somehow decided to try the second book as well.



Ninth Grade Slays is where the story finally gets moving. It's almost like book 1 was just introducing you to all the characters before the true plot started. Needless to say, Ninth Grade ended up being a much more satisfying read. I'm now curious about the slayer, and wanting more info about Vlad's growing skills as a vampire.



For once, I actually found the 2nd book in a series better than the first. If you liked Eighth Grade Bites, you'll love Ninth Grade Slays. And, even if you're a novice to the series, I think you'll like this story. All those wanting more books about vampires will find Vlad a must-read series.

Vlad improves to a 'B' rating with Ninth Grade Slays. Looking forward to reading about Vlad's tenth grade experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment