Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Book Read: Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer (Chronicles of Vladimire Tod #3)

Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)In the third installment of the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Vlad is now a sophomore and recovering from being staked by Joss (and his betrayal). When Vlad can't reach his Uncle Otis via telepathy, he's disappointed and feeling even more alone. The threat from D'Ablo is still very real, although Vlad doesn't seem to notice for a while.

I liked how Vlad dealt with many of the same issues other teens have to face -- insecurity in his friendships, girl trouble, school work. Even though he's a vampire, he's still very much a "normal" teen in the way he thinks and acts. I will admit that I thought the first book was just an average read, but the second book was excellent. I love the story of Vlad being the Pravus and how Joss was a slayer, but I don't think this third book held up to the promise of the second. I wasn't surprised at all with what happened. In fact, I probably could have told you most everything even before reading the book. I hope the final two books in the series will have some more surprises or I will definitely be disappointed. Only a C rating from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment