Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Sons of Liberty #1 by Alexander Lagos and Joseph Lagos, art by Steve Walker

The Sons of Liberty #1
Two runaway slaves, Graham and Brody, develop supernatural powers and use their special powers to thwart the slave catcher chasing them. Set in Colonial American, right before the American Revolution. The story is peppered with historical figures, like Benjamin Franklin, but isn't based on any actual events.


I wish I had read a description before beginning to know what this story was about, since I expected it to be based on true events rather than this fantasy adventure. It wass too bizarre to fit with the historical setting for my taste, but others might disagree. I think those that devour graphic novels starring superheroes will find this one appealing. For me, it was just weird and disappointing. I give it a 'C.'

No comments:

Post a Comment