Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Tomorrow Code by Brian Falkner

The Tomorrow Code
The Tomorrow Code was an impulse buy for me. I saw it at the bookstore and it looked intriguing, so I bought it. Only after I got home with it did I look up some of the reviews and was even more intrigued.

Tane and Rebecca begin receiving messages from their future selves that contain warnings about an upcoming disaster of epic proportions. The duo, with the help of Tane's brother, Fatboy, attempt to thwart the disaster, by unscrambling the coded messages and warn the others about impending danger for all of New Zealand and the world.

The story starts off slowly, but before you know it, gathers speed and turns into a fast-paced thriller. It took me a couple of days to get through the first third of the story, but only a day or so to finish the last two thirds. I was caught up in the horror of the events and was desperate to see it through. I was left pondering much on ecology and the Earth and the human race's place in it. Fabulous and thought-provoking!  I give it a B+!

No comments:

Post a Comment