Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima (Seven Realms #1)

The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
I became a fan of Ms. Chima's books after reading The Warrior Heir several years ago. I know any time I pick up one of her books, it'll be a dramatic story highlighted by complex and dynamic characters. I will be on the edge of my seat, anxious to discover what happens to each and every character, and knowing that just about anything could happen.

Although The Demon King is over 500 pages long, I became so caught up in what was happening with Han and Raisa that I scarcely even noticed the length. In fact, I really didn't want it to end. Obviously, the first in a series, The Demon King doesn't conclude the story at the end of the book, rather it's a pause, and I, for one, can't wait to find out what happens next.

I highly recommend The Demon King to fans of fantasy and adventure stories. You won't be disappointed. I enthusiastically give this book an 'A.'

No comments:

Post a Comment